1. Big Hurt Beer – I am not going to sit here and lie to you, it is not the best beer you’ll ever have. However, one of the greatest players in the team’s history has their own beer, so I need to drink it while I watch the Sox. If you disagree, feel free to buy a delicious MGD, there will be a vendor by in 5 seconds to sell you one.
Side note: I have no idea if this beer is still even sold, but if the world can bring back Crystal Pepsi, I see no reason why we can’t get this.
2. $1 Hot Dogs – These are around sometimes. Last year they had them for the 4th of July weekend and they sold like crazy. I’m not saying to replace the bigger, more expensive hot dogs, but let’s have some fun with this. Have only one vendor sell these, so you have to track them down and hope they have some left. Nightcrawler would be my pick for who that vendor should be.
3. Rainbow Cone – I had to check the Sox concessions list a few times because I can’t believe this is not available at the park. I don’t eat a ton of ice cream at the park, so hopefully I am wrong. But if it is not available, it’s a damn travesty. If it is available, we can add Lawrence’s shrimp into this spot.
4. The Tamale Guy – I am not asking for the Sox to sell tamales. I want the Tamale Guy that shows up at bars at precisely the hungriest moment of your night. Let that guy roam around the park in the 8th and 9th inning selling tamales. At the very least, let him in Chi-Sox Bar. And before you say it MySoxSummer, no he’s not related to me.
5. Crafthouse Cocktails – These are made by a Sox fan, are single serve, and excellent. There’s one called ‘Southside’, so I assume that would do ok at the park. This is a “to be continued”, because we’ll discuss the non-beer options in the park later.