HomeBaseballThe 5 – Early Season Happenings That Have “the ‘Loaf” Giddy
The 5 – Early Season Happenings That Have “the ‘Loaf” Giddy
April 27, 2016
Afternoon folks, it’s the ‘Loaf……here is a quick 5 for that azz……
5. Adam Eaton is excellent in RF – On the broadcast Tuesday night Jason Benetti mentioned that Adam Eaton has saved more defensive runs than any player in baseball (ie, an average defender would save 0 runs and be perfectly even)…..8……put in context, saving 8 defensive runs in the current run enviroment is mathematically worth 1 win. That’s a lot for less than a month of play…..oh and he’s knocking the crap out of the ball as well, notching his first HR on Tuesday as well.
4. The White Sox organizations treatment of fans – The highlight is the home date on April 9th in which not only did they allow all upper tank fans to sit in the lower tank (icy ramps), but they gave all fans a ticket voucher on the way out of the park to show their appreciation. Well Done!
3. Jason Benetti – What I have seen of the Benetti/Stone broadcasts are tremendous……..I was fearful of Benetti being a cookie cutter snoozeville, Syracuse type, but he has a personality and more importantly he allows Stoney to be fun and weird as well……….it’s a much more relaxed and silly broadcast than the Hawk Show. I especially love their little case of prizes that includes Stoney’s signed Altoids.
2. Matt Albers – The 108’s favorite player, aka “El Nino” has dominated on the field and has shown his fiery personality just immediately off of it. He’s a treat to watch!
1. Twitter – Our twitter friends and followers make road games (or home games we aren’t attending) so much fucking fun to enjoy together. Keep up all the craziness and we’ll get this division title together. (If you don’t see your pic, blame MSS (@mysoxsummer)tweet at him to complain)